Sunday 20 January 2013

Bananas in pyjamas

A huge loaf of banana bread is just what you need on Sundays for a lazy breakfast in pyjamas.


Ingredients:
280 gr. brown sugar
600 gr. flour
150 gr. butter at room temperature
2 eggs
4-6 bananas
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
a pinch of salt

Preparation:
Preheat the oven at 170°C. Put the sugar and eggs in a mixer with a whisk and beat until well incorporated. Beat in the bananas you have previously cut in pieces. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger to the sugar mixture and mix until all dry ingredients are well incorporated. Add the soft butter and beat. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until firm to touch and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let it cool before eating. Sprinkle with icing sugar and ground hazelnuts and have a delightful breakfast!




By the way I have some news... my recipes are now on Petit Chef! Now these are the first two but I´ll continue posting new ones. I am so happy that my blog got validated and am now able to share my cookery worldwide!!! I hope you´ll take a look and will rate my recipes positively.

Enjoy 
Martina

go to recipe
go to recipe

4 comments:

  1. Ciao, ma che bel post...... DELICIOUS..... AHAHAH;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you had some bananas to finish...wonder where they come from ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow so so gut! ich liebe banana bread!! :) kaufs mir immer bei starbucks, wenn ich nicht in salzburg bin x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart