Monday 30 September 2013

Finding Nemo... eating cake!

Guys I just realised I haven't posted this cake from when I was in Como at the end of this summer. So here it is now! Luckily enough I found the recipe again; the net can be tricky with this stuff.
Ingredients:
180 gr. flour
180 gr. sugar
65 gr. butter
100 gr. grated coconut
150 ml. milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon baking powder
Grated peel of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
Confectioner's sugar

Procedure:
Beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, then add the egg. Separately mix the flour and baking powder with the milk trying to eliminate lumps. Now blend the two mixtures gently and add the coconut, lemon peel, and juice. Spoon the batter in a cake mould and bake at 180•C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. When cool sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and, if you wish, decorate wit some fondant. I decided to go for a fishy which reminded me of Nemo, one of my favourite Disney/Pixar characters and movies.
Enjoy
Martina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate your comments, enquiries, and suggestions :)

Tiny Hand With Heart